[aur-general] espeakup's service file yet again lol

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:25:04 EST 2013

Hi,
I created the file /etc/systemd/system/espeakup.service.d and added:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/espeakup --default-voice=en-us+m3
After reloading espeakup.service, it still uses the default voice. Do I have the syntax wrong?
I am using the plain espeakup.service file, not espeakup at .service.
Thanks
Storm
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 01:26:35PM -0500, Dave Reisner wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 07:27:39AM -0500, Storm Dragon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The service works as expected, e.g. systemctl start espeakup at en-us.service starts the US english voice. The problem is, varients do not work. systemctl start espeakup at en-us+m2.service just uses the default voice, British english, instead of the selected en-us and varient m2. I have read through the man page, and from what I gather, it should work. So, am I missing something, or have I found a bug?
>> Attached is the service file.
>> Thanks
>> Storm
>> --
>
>Instanced unit files only really make sense when you expect that the
>service can be spawned multiple times. This isn't the case here. If
>users want to override the default language, then they can create an
>entry in /etc/systemd/system/espeakup.service.d to fixup the ExecStart
>line.

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
My Blackberry is Broken: http://is.gd/my_blackberry_is_broken