[aur-general] espeakup's service file yet again lol

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Thu Nov 14 16:48:04 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 04:25:04PM -0500, Storm Dragon wrote:
> Hi,
> I created the file /etc/systemd/system/espeakup.service.d and added:
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/espeakup --default-voice=en-us+m3
> After reloading espeakup.service, it still uses the default voice. Do I have the syntax wrong?
> I am using the plain espeakup.service file, not espeakup at .service.
> Thanks
> Storm

If you do nothing else today, please convince yourself that top posting
is the root of all evil, the destroyer of biblical cities, and the
kicker of pets everywhere.

'systemctl status' and 'systemctl show' will both show you the command
line systemd used to start the service. If running that yourself from
the commandline yields different results, then there's something weird
going on.