[aur-general] espeakup's service file yet again lol

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 10:00:20 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 04:48:04PM -0500, Dave Reisner wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 04:25:04PM -0500, Storm Dragon wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I created the file /etc/systemd/system/espeakup.service.d and added:
>> ExecStart=/usr/bin/espeakup --default-voice=en-us+m3
>> After reloading espeakup.service, it still uses the default voice. Do I have the syntax wrong?
>> I am using the plain espeakup.service file, not espeakup at .service.
>> Thanks
>> Storm
>
>If you do nothing else today, please convince yourself that top posting
>is the root of all evil, the destroyer of biblical cities, and the
>kicker of pets everywhere.
I've always been a fan of kitten hacky sack >:) Lol why is it that bottom posters complain but I have never, ever, seen a top poster complain once about having to read through screens of stuff they have already read just to get a 1 or 2 line response that may or may not be helpful? I am just curious and am not trying to be rude.

>'systemctl status' and 'systemctl show' will both show you the command
>line systemd used to start the service. If running that yourself from
>the commandline yields different results, then there's something weird
>going on.
I think I may have the syntax wrong but I can't seem to find any documentation. Should the .service.d file only contain the modified execstart line, or should it be an exact copy of espeakup.service?
Thanks
Storm

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/