[aur-general] Review request of PKGBUILD: thinlinc-server

Doug Newgard scimmia22 at outlook.com
Thu Oct 3 12:07:35 EDT 2013

> Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 13:14:34 +0300
> From: adrian.bacircea at gmail.com
> To: aur-general at archlinux.org
> Subject: [aur-general] Review request of PKGBUILD: thinlinc-server
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm following the example of a fellow PKGBUILD writer and I'm asking you to
> review (and test) my creation.
>
> AUR Package Link: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/thinlinc-server/
>
> "ThinLinc Linux Remote Desktop Server is a product which enables
> applications and/or desktops to be deployed, managed, supported and
> executed from a central server. Users connect remotely using the ThinLinc
> client, and have their desktops and applications published as if they were
> being run locally."
>
> My request is both for the review of the PKGBUILD and testing the package
> because I only use it for the most basic of the functions and it works.
>
> Thank you,
> Adrian

1. You don't need rpmextract, bsdtar will extract rpms and is what pacman uses (so it's already a dep of pacman)
2. Please quote all paths containing $srcdir and $pkgdir, ie cd "${srcdir}/${_archive_name}" Some people will say to quote everything containing a variable.
3. Instead of mv, use cp -a
4. You're copying over a /lib64 dir, don't do that. Everything should be in /usr/lib. Probably doesn't work for i686, anyway.
5. No need to make /usr/lib/systemd/system before installing files to it, the -D option creates it.
6. I would tend to just put the filename in the source array and tell people to download it manually in cases like this, but that's up to you. Nothing wrong with the way you're doing it.
7. Are the files in /etc/init.d needed?
8. The custom license should be installed to /usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/

Try namcap, it gives a lot more warnings (most of which are probably bogus).