[aur-general] Review request of PKGBUILD: thinlinc-server

Adrian Bacircea adrian.bacircea at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 14:54:48 EDT 2013

On 3 October 2013 19:07, Doug Newgard <scimmia22 at outlook.com> wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 13:14:34 +0300
> > From: adrian.bacircea at gmail.com
> > To: aur-general at archlinux.org
> > Subject: [aur-general] Review request of PKGBUILD: thinlinc-server
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm following the example of a fellow PKGBUILD writer and I'm asking you
> > review (and test) my creation.
> >
> > AUR Package Link: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/thinlinc-server/
> >
> > "ThinLinc Linux Remote Desktop Server is a product which enables
> > applications and/or desktops to be deployed, managed, supported and
> > executed from a central server. Users connect remotely using the ThinLinc
> > client, and have their desktops and applications published as if they
> were
> > being run locally."
> >
> > My request is both for the review of the PKGBUILD and testing the package
> > because I only use it for the most basic of the functions and it works.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Adrian
>
> 1. You don't need rpmextract, bsdtar will extract rpms and is what pacman
> uses (so it's already a dep of pacman)
> 2. Please quote all paths containing $srcdir and $pkgdir, ie cd
> "${srcdir}/${_archive_name}" Some people will say to quote everything
> containing a variable.
> 3. Instead of mv, use cp -a
> 4. You're copying over a /lib64 dir, don't do that. Everything should be
> in /usr/lib. Probably doesn't work for i686, anyway.
> 5. No need to make /usr/lib/systemd/system before installing files to it,
> the -D option creates it.
> 6. I would tend to just put the filename in the source array and tell
> people to download it manually in cases like this, but that's up to you.
> Nothing wrong with the way you're doing it.
> 7. Are the files in /etc/init.d needed?
> 8. The custom license should be installed to /usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/
>
> Try namcap, it gives a lot more warnings (most of which are probably
> bogus).

Thanks a lot for the reply. I've tried to fix most of them.
Regarding the license, I don't know where I could find the license. I'm
still looking into that.
I've fixed some of what namcap is reporting but the rest seems a little
bogus. I've also uploaded a new version.
If there is anything else, please tell me.

Thanks,
Adrian