[aur-general] Request to merge eclipse-382 and eclipse-38

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 03:38:05 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen
<freso.dk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Den 17-10-2013 06:00, Fernando Gilberto da Silva skrev:
>> No response from the maintainer.
>>
> How did you try to contact them? How long have you been waiting for a
> response? Note the 3rd point at
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR#Other_requests
>
>> Could someone merge
>>
>> eclipse-382 [...] into eclipse-38 [...] ?
>>
> You realise that by merging -382 into -38 (which I agree should
> happen), the PKGBUILD from -38 is the one that's going to take
> precedence, right? You'll need to reupload your package (named as
> -38) for the -38 package to actually be updated. Of course, you need
> to be the maintainer of the package, which you've already requested.
> :)
>
>> What's more, I am ready to take responsibility for maintaining this
>> package. Could someone do me a favour, disown the package for me?
>>
> See the first part of the response.
>
> --
> Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>

Please upload a eclipse3.8 package, so it follows the naming scheme
found in our repos for different versions of an existing package. Then
I'll merge eclipse-38 and and eclipse-382 into it.
BTW, eclipse-38 is already an orphan.

Cheers,
--
Maxime