[aur-general] Removal/Renaming Request

Ronnie Andrew Magatti Lucas Silva ronnieandrew92 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:57:38 EDT 2013

 Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:43:51 -0400
From: jdarnold at buddydog.org
To: aur-general at archlinux.org
Subject: Re: [aur-general] Removal/Renaming Request

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 17:18:18 -0002
Ronnie Andrew <ronnieandrew92 at gmail.com> <ronnieandrew92 at gmail.com> wrote:

 I'm the new maintainer of the package:
wxpythonhttps://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wxpython-2.4.9.1/

This package should be renamed from "wxpython-2.4.9.1" to
"wxpython-updates" since its the development version of wxpython and
submitting a new package for each version would not be ideal.

Also, i mistakenly submitted a new package trying to update wxpython
to a new version which should be
deleted.https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wxpython2.9.5.0/

 Actually, there already is a wxpython in extra that does all this. It
should be marked out of date, I would think.

--
Jonathan Arnold Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you
need a team ~ John Wooden

 No, the package in extra is the stable version, the AUR one is the
unstable development version.

IMO, it should be wxpython-devel to keep with the accepted naming scheme.

Ronnie, you need to upload the new package to the AUR then a TU can
merge the old package into it. They cannot rename a package.

 I've submitted the new package.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wxpython-devel/

Please merge it with wxpython-2.4.9.1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wxpython-2.4.9.1/

Also, the following package sould be removed since I mistakenly uploaded it:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wxpython2.9.5.0/