[aur-general] pkgbuild with after installation Customizations

Curtis Shimamoto sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 23:39:55 EDT 2013

On 10/27/13 at 11:23pm, Storm Dragon wrote:

> I have made a package for espeakup that pulls the git version and installs it.
> It has a systemd file so that espeakup can start with boot. After installation
> is complete though, the system file needs to be edited to set the voice the
> user wants to use, e.g. en-us, en-sc, etc. Can I just put a standard prompt in
> the pkgbuild? E.g.  read -p "Enter the voice file you want to use, e.g. en-us:
> " voice Currently I just set it to en-us by default which means the person who
> uses it would have to edit the systemd file to change it.  Thanks Storm

Did you create the service file for it?  If so, then you could just make it
something like espeakup at .service and then just put a "%I" in the ExecStart
command where the voice/language would typically go.  That way the user could
enable something like espeakup at en-sc.service.

If it is an upstream provided service file, then you might just want to put a
postinstall note that this needs to be set.

--
Curtis Shimamoto
sugar.and.scruffy [at] gmail.com