[aur-general] Merge request: merge toxic with toxic-git

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Sep 1 19:44:27 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-02 01:19 +0200
Florian Hahn wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've created the toxic package [1] about 2 weeks ago, which installs
>toxic from git.
>
>I forgot about using the -git suffix and I've created a new toxic-git
>[2] package to make clear it uses git. Is it possible to merge both
>packages as toxic-git?
>
>Cheers,
>Florian
>
>[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/toxic/unflag/
>[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/toxic-git/

Done.

Some comments about the PKGBUILD:

You should not be doing anything in $_gitname" in the $startdir". If the user
sets the SRCDEST variable in makepkg.conf then it will not be there. In
addition, that git repo should not be touched during the build. The repo is
cloned in $srcdir" and that is where building should occur.

Please replace
>cd $_gitname
with
>cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"

and likewise for "cd $_gitname/build".

Note the quotation marks around $srcdir. The are important.

Thanks!