[aur-general] Merge request: python2-pyside -> python-pyside

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at osvaldobarrera.com.ar
Sun Sep 15 19:15:53 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-13 09:57, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> On 09/07/2013 10:24 AM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick wrote:
> > In recent shenanigans[0], python-pyside became a split package,
> > building Python 3 and 2 versions simultaneously.  python2-pyside still
> > exists in the AUR.  Please merge python2-pyside[1] into
> > python-pyside[2].
> >
> > [0]: https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2013-September/025115.html
> > [1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-pyside/
> > [2]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-pyside/
> >

> Done, thank you.
>
> --
> Bartłomiej Piotrowski
> http://bpiotrowski.pl/

As maintainer of python2-pyside shouldn't I have gotten a notification
about this? At least an automated one from the AUR?

Also, since the PKGBUILD states "replaces=(python2-pyside...", shouldn't
searching the AUR for python2-pyside yield python-pyside as one of
the results?

Finally, why does this merge make sense? It merges two *different*
libraries into one; I maintained python2-pyside, but have no interest
in installing the python3 version, so why is the original package deleted?

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
 Q. Why is top posting bad?