[aur-general] systemd 207 and btrfs

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:31:41 EDT 2013

I upgraded to systemd 207 today, and upon reboot received several
messages that say, "failed to open /dev/btrfs-control skipping device
registration: No such file or directory."  The btrfs problem faq
suggests that running "mknod /dev/btrfs-control c 10 234" should fix
me up.  However, when I run this it says that it already exists.  The
only significant changes that I made were to upgrade systemd, and add
the systemd hook to mkinicpio.conf.  I tried booting from external
media, and removing the systemd hook, but after re-running mkinitcpio
I still get the same result.  Does anyone have any suggestions for
getting past this?

I will happily provide more information if you can tell me what would
be helpful.

Thanks,
=-Jameson