[aur-general] Merge request: python2-pyside -> python-pyside

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Thu Sep 19 16:51:51 EDT 2013

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:

>But AUR helpers don't really process there split packages either, so
>they only benefit people that will manually download and install them,
>and even those cases, the new package builds both the python2 and python3
>versions always.

Split packages are created from the same compiled sources. The main work is
done in the common build function. The additional overhead of creating each
package is simply the overhead of archiving the files. The point is irrelevant,
however, as makepkg's "--pkg" option can be used to select the desired package
and skip the rest.

As for whether or not it is more useful to have two packages in the AUR, I'm
actually neutral.

Regards,
Xyne