[aur-general] Disown Request: acpi_call-git

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 04:37:32 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Nowaker <enwukaer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> acpi_call-git's PKGBUILD [1] is currently broken, as it uses a patch
>> that is not necessary for long time now. This was commented, but the
>> maintainer doesn't fixed nor replied about. Please disown it, so I can
>> fix it.
>

> It looks like this guy owns lots of packages that are not fixed, and people
> leave comments with how to fix them.
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aircrack-ng-cuda-svn/
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/airdrop-ng-svn/
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fern-wifi-cracker-svn/
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hanstunnel/
>

> Currently according to the AUR rules, one have to contact the owner and then
> send a request to aur-general. Would it be reasonable to autodisown packages
> that are marked as out-of-date and never fixed after say 2 months?

Our bureaucracy seems to fail us in this case. Did you at least CC the
maintainer? Did anyone (looking into OP's general direction...)?
Okay, here we go.

##### attention fnord0 #####

Dear package maintainer,

it looks like your current status would imply you'd be the person to
fix and tweak some of your packages. We'd be glad if you could look
after them. Please reply to me personally or subscribe to the
aur-general mailing list so we can sort things out.
Sorry for the communication leftovers above, that's from the
aur-general mailing list where people started discussing your packages
2013-09-28.

cheers!
mar77i