[aur-general] Package ownership change request for yaourt-git

Jeremy Audet ichimonji10 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 23:06:46 EDT 2014

> Really, most ofthis is mostly irrelevant TBH.

This is a common point of confusion. Because of this, I think it is worth
addressing and therefore relevant.

> The official way of using the PKGBUILDs is manually with makepkg.

I suspect that the usual use case for interacting with the AUR is with an
AUR helper. I think this qualifies it as subject matter that a capable
package maintainer should have some familiarity with, even though this use
case may be disagreeable to you personally.

> the only times an AUR VCS package is out-of-date is when it's broken in
some way

Assuming that AUR helpers are a common tool for interacting with the AUR,
VCS packages in the AUR are out-of-date when their version number is...
out-of-date.

Finally, the situations that trigger a VCS package update should be
identical whether a package is in the AUR or one of the more official repos.

— Jeremy "Ichimonji10" Audet