[aur-general] Package ownership change request for yaourt-git

Daniel Wallace danielwallace at gtmanfred.com
Sun Aug 3 23:12:55 EDT 2014

Anyone using VCS packages from the AUR, should be following the package
upstream and rebuilding it as they go.  It is not meant for someone that is
just casually using the package.

The package version should be updated each time you build the package,
specified in the pkgver() function.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_PKGBUILD_Guidelines#The_pkgver.28.29_function

Because the version is changed whenever you rebuild it, it can't really be
marked out of date, you should be tracking your packages and rebuilding
them when new features are added or things are changed in order to test
direct upstream packages.

Daniel