[aur-general] virtualbox-extension-pack vs. virtualbox-ext-oracle

Marcel Korpel marcel.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:31:09 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> My package had about 75 votes IIRC, probably there would have been more if
> more people knew about the details. The discussing had a number of comments
> that agreed about my opinion regarding installing/coping files to /usr with
> pacman or the install script.
>
> Although I think it is wrong seblu is free to provide his package via AUR.
> But is there any good reason mine is not allowed to reside there?

For what it's worth, I (a regular Arch Linux user) support this
package, I think it's the best way to install this extension pack, and
was a bit amazed that someone with a "competitive" package could
delete this one.

Kind regards,
Marcel

BTW, his nick is 'seblu', not 'sublu', as Christian Hesse typoed.