[aur-general] Compiz package naming

Charles Bos charlesbos1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:11:26 EDT 2014

Personally, I think 0.8 is better because Compiz 0.8 is still fairly widely
used so it might not be fair to call it legacy. That said, it doesn't
matter to me too much as I don't really have anything to do with Compiz 0.8.

Regarding maintainers, these are the people that need to be contacted and
their relevant packages:

   - hazard - ccsm
   - MilanKnizek - compizcc
   - FlorianD - compiz-bcop, compiz-backend-kconfig4, compizconfig-python,
   simple-ccsm
   - martadinata666 - compiz-core, compiz-fusion-plugins-main
   compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
   - flexiondotorg - compiz-core-mate, compiz-decorator-gtk
   - JesusMcCloud - compiz-fusion-plugins-main-genie
   - leafonsword - compiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported
   - DasMoeh - libcompizconfig

I don't if it's better to leave comments on the relevant packages or send
these folks an email telling them to join this conversation - hopefully
they're all at least subscribed to aur-general!

I'm also wondering about emerald. We currently have a package called
emerald - maintained by martadinata666 - which is the 0.8 version. We also
have emerald0.9 and emerald-git - both maintained by me - and both of which
are 0.9 versions. Now if the Compiz 0.8 packages are getting renamed then
presumably emerald should be renamed to emerald-legacy or emerald0.8 and
possibly my emerald0.9 package should be renamed to emerald. Thoughts?