[aur-general] AUR request mentality

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Sun Aug 17 17:39:46 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-17 11:42, Xyne wrote:
> On 2014-08-17 13:38 +0200
> Muflone wrote:
>
>> Let's avoid to "file bugs" for people that tries to help your
>> community.
>> I had a similar issue with a different TU (Xyne)
>
> :P (Don't worry, I don't mind being singled out.)
>
> I did indeed miss the discussion on aur-requests. I saw that the
> request had
> been made by Scimmia and the given reason was one that appeared
> legitimate, so
> I did not check the packages as I should have prior to the merge.
>
> I agree with your points and I apologize for the mistake.

And the reason was legit, Muflone agrees; it was more my lack of
checking to make sure the current package was in good shape.
gtkparasite-git was a package I fixed up a while back, so I kind of keep
an eye on it. I saw that it had been updated upstream for GTK3, but
didn't actually build and try it. I'll take more care in the future.