[aur-general] AUR request mentality

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Aug 17 12:42:21 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-17 13:38 +0200
Muflone wrote:

> Let's avoid to "file bugs" for people that tries to help your community.
> I had a similar issue with a different TU (Xyne)

:P (Don't worry, I don't mind being singled out.)

I did indeed miss the discussion on aur-requests. I saw that the request had
been made by Scimmia and the given reason was one that appeared legitimate, so
I did not check the packages as I should have prior to the merge.

I agree with your points and I apologize for the mistake.

While the new interface makes some things easier, the need to correlate
requests on the interface with discussions on the mailing list adds more work
for TUs compared to the previous system in which everything was on the mailing
list. I have been negligent in this regard but I will be more diligent in from
now on.

The idea of using a real bug-tracker was mentioned in another branch of this
discussion. I like the idea of keeping actions and discussion in the same
place. Depending on the feature set this could simplify management of the AUR.
I just hope that such usability will not require prohibitive complexity in the
backend.

Regards,
Xyne