[aur-general] Should we recommend removing comments from the AUR?

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:07:31 UTC 2014

> I agree with bug tracking. I only have one problem with it: I already
> use a bug-tracker on GitHub for software that I've written myself, but
> people always report bugs in the comments regardless. It'll be a
> paradigm shift which is going to take time, and there'll be a long
> transition period we'll have to put up with.

A custom field in PKGBUILD that AUR will understand would really come in handy. Something
like this:

pkgissues='https://github.com/Nowaker/aur-packages/issues'

  <input type="submit" value="Add Comment">

  If you can't build the package, or the package is broken, please <a
href="https://github.com/Nowaker/aur-packages/issues">report an issue</a> instead.

--
Damian Nowak
www.virtkick.io