[aur-general] requesting a critique for my build of xen-git-4.5.0-rc3

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:45:15 UTC 2014

Wait a moment, you're fetching a specific release, then you shouldn't
suffix your package with -git [1]. Even more, you don't need git at all
in this case, as there's a tarball available including a signature
file. I'd recommend using xen-dev or something like that to indicate
you're fetching a testing release.

Just change the first instance of your source array to

source=("http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/${pkgver/_/-}/xen-${pkgver/_/-}.tar.gz"{,.sig}

(in one line) and regenerate sha256sums with updpkgsums. The signature
is checked automatically.

Moreover, the install file doesn't need to be listed in the source
array.

Regards,
Marcel

[1]