[aur-general] AUR 4.0.0 pre-alpha

Justin Dray justin at dray.be
Tue Dec 30 01:24:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Pablo Lezaeta Reyes <prflr88 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> but what if the file not contain any extention? or if a different file is
> need (like a .svg or a .sh or a .webm? We will ended adding all the
> posibilities for images? or there will be an alternat8but is need to
> installive if a user need update a package with anything that is not in the
> whitelist withut ended renaming it at makepkg time.
> Maybe if a user need add a exeption they can contact the mailist for ask
> about an exception to they blacklist in they git-sub-tree-whatever.

> > > oh, i fount it:
> > >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15288712/gitignore-whitelist-on-directory-and-its-contents
> > >
> > > greetings
> > >

> > ok i tried test with a .gitignore (do'h, 'git add *' don't work again.
> but
> > use 'git add .gitignore' works :/) with this content:
> >

> > *
> > !.gitignore
> > !.SRCINFO
> > !PKGBUILD
> > !somefile.desktop
> > !somefile.patch
> > !someimage.png
> > !sometextfile.ext
> >

> > then added the package sources and dozens of files. 'git add *' says that
> > files are ignored, included the src/pkg dirs(and contents)
> >
> > i'm sure this is a best chice to avoid the duplicate local repos (one to
> > work, and other to clean push)
> >
> > greetings
> >

> --
> *Pablo Lezaeta*

You can still force add them with 'git add -f foo.bar' But most smart shell
auto completions won't work with it either which is a bit annoying. I use a
blacklist, and it works for all of my packages, but I don't have anything
pulling things like .deb sources or a million other possibilities; I think
using a whitelist instead of a blacklist may be the way to go.

Regards,
Justin Dray
E: justin at dray.be
M: 0433348284