[aur-general] Corrected package ekeyd ready for AUR

carstene1ns arch at carsten-teibes.de
Tue Feb 11 07:20:08 EST 2014

Am 10.02.2014 22:37, schrieb Thomas Preissler:
[...]
> My entropy key was before plugged into a Debian 7, and this system was
> runing ekeyd & egd-linux and my desktop with AL was running egd-linux,
> it was sort of running most of the time.
> Debian 7 is using LUA 5.1 btw.
>
> Now with my fw running AL (and LUA 5.2) I tried to get ekeyd running on
> it. Long story short, I couldn't get it to work.
> I am not sure now whether LUA 5.2 (the default on AL) was a problem as
> well, but I can test that again, if required.
> The biggest problem was that initializing the entropy key with
> ekey-rekey [...] was either just sitting there, or showing a "MAC
> timout" error.
[...]
Why do you want to force the use of lua 5.2 at all? Lua 5.2 is not
compatible with 5.1 in many places[1], because of that we have a 'lua51'
package in the repositories. 'lua-socket' is also packaged for 5.1 and 5.2.
After having a quick look at that tarball, I see that
'ekeyd-1.1.4/host/Makefile' explicitly uses lua 5.1 for the headers and
should do for the libraries. If not, this can be fixed.

Please change the dep to lua51 and try to compile and use it again.
It is impossible to do for most of us, because we do not have that
special device.

best regards,
carstene1ns

[1]: http://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/manual.html#8