[aur-general] Perl core modules in the AUR

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:57:55 EST 2014

On 02/17/14 23:19, Jason St. John wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 7:04 PM, John D Jones III
> <unixgeek1972 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a list published somewhere of the core modules that will be
> removed in upcoming versions of Perl? I have a small Perl script that
> can check a given module and its version, but if a list has already
> been made, that would be easier for me than hacking it to check the
> big list of provided modules from the perl package in [core].
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Well to get the best results, one must scour the perldelta(.*) pages for
upgraded/deprecated/removed modules

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/RJBS/perl-5.19.8/pod/perl5190delta.pod#Removed_Modules_and_Pragmata
shows the modz that

are due to be pulled in 5.19.0 there are others in the later perldeltas
that are going into the deprecated list as well.

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/RJBS/perl-5.19.8/pod/perl5197delta.pod#Removed_Modules_and_Pragmata

shows CGI.pm going into deprecated status,

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/RJBS/perl-5.19.8/pod/perl5196delta.pod#Deprecations
has some more as well. I'm not sure

how easy it'd be to script that, a

corelist --dif 5.18.0 5.19.0 | grep absent

Seems to be a good way to determine that, but it implies having 5.19.0
installed. Maybe we should have a perl-developer-release AUR package to
simplify the process? though that could get messy with all the community
modules that may depend on deprecated code from the developer-releases.
Thoughts?

--
Thanks,
John D Jones III