[aur-general] Delete request: fluidr3

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 18:23:38 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Rob Til Freedmen <
rob.til.freedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Maxime Gauduin <alucryd at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM, Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fluidr3/
> >>
> >> Appears to be the same packaged data as
> >> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/soundfont-fluid/ except it doesn't
> >> build properly. Note: I might be wrong on this, but I can't figure out
> >> how to make it build.
>
> Not sure what your problem was.. I had it installed for some time
> and I'm sure I would have complained if there were problems.
>
> > I haven't tried building the fluidr3 package recently, but that sfark
> > format is a pain in the neck anyway. The fluidr3 soundfont from
>
> Not sure what you mean by 'sfark format' in this context - both install
> .sf2
> Though, one installs it in upper case...
>
> The original fluid soundfont is compressed as an sfark archive which needs
to be decompressed by an external tool (sfarkxtc) before you get an sf2
(sf2 != sfark). The one from MuseScore is a more common GZip archive.

>  > soundfont-fluid doesn't use that and comes with changes from the
> musescore
>
> Yes, a missing note (#94) - and soundfont-fluid should have added the
> Changelog.txt
>
> > guys, so it's actucally a more up-to-date version of the original fluidr3
> > by hammersound. I'll merge fluidr3 into soundfont-fluid. Thx.
>
> But soundfont-fluid not only misses a Changelog.txt but also Fluid R3-
> Readme.doc and
> a proper url (still at "http://www.hammersound.net" instead of
> "http://www.musescore.org/..."
> *and* introduces blanks in the sound font file name "FluidR3 GM2-2.sf2"
>
> Look at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/soundfont-fluid/ for complains.

I'm not sure changelog and readme are essential here, but I agree that
whitespace is a _bad_ choice. I'd rather have it named 'FluidR3_GM.sf2'. As
for the URL, you could argue that both URLs are valid, as Hammersound is
the original author of the soundfont.

Anyway, I'm CCing the current maintainer, and will take over the package in
2 weeks time if nothing has changed since I've had a PKGBUILD for this
soundfont around for some time.

Cheers,
--
Maxime