[aur-general] Delete request: fluidr3

Rob Til Freedmen rob.til.freedman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:31:23 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Maxime Gauduin <alucryd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM, Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fluidr3/
>>
>> Appears to be the same packaged data as
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/soundfont-fluid/ except it doesn't
>> build properly. Note: I might be wrong on this, but I can't figure out
>> how to make it build.

Not sure what your problem was.. I had it installed for some time
and I'm sure I would have complained if there were problems.

> I haven't tried building the fluidr3 package recently, but that sfark
> format is a pain in the neck anyway. The fluidr3 soundfont from

Not sure what you mean by 'sfark format' in this context - both install .sf2
Though, one installs it in upper case...

> soundfont-fluid doesn't use that and comes with changes from the musescore

Yes, a missing note (#94) - and soundfont-fluid should have added the
Changelog.txt

> guys, so it's actucally a more up-to-date version of the original fluidr3
> by hammersound. I'll merge fluidr3 into soundfont-fluid. Thx.

But soundfont-fluid not only misses a Changelog.txt but also Fluid R3-
Readme.doc and
a proper url (still at "http://www.hammersound.net" instead of
"http://www.musescore.org/..."
*and* introduces blanks in the sound font file name "FluidR3 GM2-2.sf2"

Look at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/soundfont-fluid/ for complains.