[aur-general] PKGBUILD review request

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Fri Jan 10 20:03:07 EST 2014

On 01/10/2014 07:32 PM, Jason St. John wrote:
> Unless this package will _only_ work for 64-bit systems, you should
> change the arch array to the following:
>      arch=('i686' 'x86_64')

Should the documentation be updated?  [1] describes "arch" as "An array
of architectures that the PKGBUILD file is known to build and work on."
  That description implies to me that if you haven't tested it on i686
then you shouldn't list i686.  However, the actual AUR convention is, as
you say, to include i686 and x86_64 unless you know it's nonportable.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#arch