[aur-general] PKGBUILD review request

Jason St. John jstjohn at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 10 19:32:00 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Douglas Christman
<douglaschristman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first attempt at creating a package so I'd appreciate any
> feedback you have.
> The PKGBUILD is avilable here:
> https://raw.github.com/dobyrch/termboy-go/master/PKGBUILD
>
> Thanks!

Hello,

You should quote the link in the source array and any string that
includes a Bash variable (e.g. use `install -Dm 755
"$pkgname-go-$pkgver" "$pkgdir/usr/bin/$pkgname-go"`).

You can remove the dependency on 'bash' because you shouldn't include
dependency information for any packages in the groups 'base' or
'base-devel'.

Unless this package will _only_ work for 64-bit systems, you should
change the arch array to the following:
    arch=('i686' 'x86_64')

And this is a minor issue, but you should change the GitHub links to
use https:// so the source download will _always_ use HTTPS, even if
the http -> https redirect that GitHub uses stops working for whatever
reason.

Jason