[aur-general] 2 merge requests

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Fri Jan 17 12:43:27 EST 2014

W dniu 17.01.2014 05:25, Felix Yan pisze:
> On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 17:08:24 Maciej Sieczka wrote:

>> I adopted 2 packages - grass-geos and grass-trunk. Can I request merging
>> them into my grass64 and grass70-svn, respectively? Original maintainers
>> (CCed) are OK with this.

> Merged grass-geos into grass64.

Kewl!

> There's already a package named grass7-svn, should we consider grass70-svn a
> dup if there's not much difference?

grass70-svn is more feature rich [1], doesn't mess with the source code
to enforce python2, but uses a (more) fool-proof trick [2] that also
supports GRASS Python addons without extra patching, handles
FORTIFY_SOURCE CPPFLAGS issue at configure more gracefully etc. It even
has a nicer 64 pix icon ;).

All my other GRASS packages (grass64, grass64-rc, grass64-svn,
grass65-svn) use a similar, consistent set of build options.

They don't conflict with each other at installation time (they normally
would) to have full spectrum of stable and devel GRASS versions
alongside for daily work and for easy access to new features, and bug
hunting.

I advertised them on the official GRASS GIS download page [3]. There've
been no complaints.

I used to be a proffesional GRASS user, and a contributor a bit as well,
for some years. I still keep an eye on the project for a hobby.

I would like to keep maintaining a complete suit of GRASS packages, if
this doesn't pose a problem for anyone.

> btw, please include links to packages next time, thanks.

Right.

Maciek

[1] liblas, netcdf, odbc, openmp, pthreads
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gr/grass70-svn/PKGBUILD.
[3] http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/linux/

--
Maciej Sieczka