[aur-general] AUR 3.3.0 released

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:46:07 EDT 2014

> Maybe there should be an auto-orphan feature after x
> days/weeks if the package was out-of-date or being flagged for broken y
> times.

Just reported https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41140
Reference:
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2014-May/028506.html

Regarding out-of-date (not updated to the latest version), broken (build
fails), incomplete (no systemd units), bad name (should be ruby-blah not
rubyblah) or whatever else can be invented. The package needs to be
updated no matter the reason for being flagged - thus, auto-orphaned so
interested people can take care of it. Therefore I don't think
differentiating between out-of-date, broken or whatever is useful for
anything.

> Many packages were (and probably still are) "broken" as
> they didn't conform the new infrastructure, yet - strictly speaking -
> they weren't out of date.

Think of "Flag package out-of-date" as "Package needs updating" not
"Package version is out-of-date".

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak