[aur-general] AUR 3.3.0 released

Attila Bukor r1pp3rj4ck at w4it.eu
Wed Jul 9 05:48:41 EDT 2014

On 07/09/2014 10:15 AM, Lukas Fleischer wrote:

>> What if it would be a vote-like structure and one reporter wouldn't be
>> enough to flag it as not working?
>>

> Dan suggested something similar some time ago [1] and I quite like that
> idea. One "Mark package broken" button and an option to sort package
> search results by the number of users that marked a package.

I see that there actually is a feature request FS#18829[1] for reporting
broken packages. Maybe there should be an auto-orphan feature after x
days/weeks if the package was out-of-date or being flagged for broken y
times. Of course the maintainer should unflag or "unbreak" the package
without updating it as we can now.

The mark as broken should also be useful for stuff like when we switched
for systemd. Many packages were (and probably still are) "broken" as
they didn't conform the new infrastructure, yet - strictly speaking -
they weren't out of date.

Also, about Dan's idea... it's a great idea, but there is a problem with
those 16k packages. Many of them weren't downloaded probably for years
and no-one uses them, so no-one will flag them as sh*t.