[aur-general] Compiz package naming

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 15:36:14 EDT 2014

Guess i'll stop bottom posting when everyone else is top posting :P

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 4:20 AM, Colin Robinson
<beardedlinuxgeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Comment by alucryd 2014-04-02 07:25
> "beardedlinuxgeek: Wrong, the latest stable branch is 0.8.x, the 0.9.x
> branch is unstable.

This is simply incorrect, as i've explained earlier.

> Comment by alucryd 2014-04-01 08:1
> "Merged a few bzr packages into this one. Could you upload it as
> 'compiz-core-bzr', all other distros use the 'compiz-core' name. I'll do the
> merge afterwards."

Meh. Upstream doesn't recognise the concept of "compiz-core" since the
0.9 series. Do we comply with upstream or do we comply with other
distros? Methinks upstream.

Sidenote:

After some things were noticed and some discussion had in the
compiz-core-bzr comments, this package has been updated and anyone
reviewing it should re-download it.

--
Regards,
Rob McCathie