[aur-general] changing PKGNAME of md5deep to hashdeep

David Kaylor dpkaylor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:29:32 EDT 2014

A user is requesting that the md5deep package name be changed to hashdeep,
which I agree seems consistent with the project maintainer's wishes, since
all development of md5deep has been moved to github under the hashdeep
name. Do any Trusted Users have strong feelings about this or advice for
me? And if I go ahead with the name change, what is the best procedure? I'm
assuming I would need to do a replaces=(md5deep) and/or a
provides=(md5deep) and then request that comments, etc. be moved over.