[aur-general] AUR logo

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jun 22 04:48:32 EDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-22 at 20:25 +1200, David Phillips wrote:
> > > KISS?
> >
> >Consistency, I'd say.
>
> My point exactly.

"Logo design is an important area of graphic design, and one of the most
difficult to perfect. The logo (ideogram) is the image embodying an
organization. Because logos are meant to represent companies' brands or
corporate identities and foster their immediate customer recognition, it
is counterproductive to frequently redesign logos." -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo

I visited a school for design, but I suspect there's no need to have
this education to understand why a logo usually shouldn't be modified.
There are exceptions, you e.g. can modify the Motörhead logo under your
skateboard to communicate something, because a logo as the Motörhead
logo is well known, the band doesn't need promotion and even if they
would need promotion, you'll communicate something, what kind of skater
you are and you don't care about band promotion.

OTOH if you do research regarding to a Linux distro, you'll be able to
focus the technical issue and similar _and_ you want to to be able to
immediately identify the logo, to become aware that you're on the right
website etc. pp..