[aur-general] python packages as depends and easy_install

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:05:03 EDT 2014

Hi,
The pypump docs say it works for all versions of python, 2.7, through 3.4 I think. I made the PKGBUILD using the python3 dependancy because I figure that is what most people will have by default. Does this PKGBUILD look ok?
Thanks
Storm
On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 07:29:19PM -0400, Jeremy Audet wrote:
>> Would it be ok to use easy_install-2.7 pypump in a build function or
>something?
>
>No. Please make an actual package for pypump, and make p depend on pypump
>normally.
>
>> I would just make a pypump package, but I cloned the repository, and I'm
>not really sure where all that stuff goes lol.
>
>Don't install its files manually. Use the prototype PKGBUILD that Jesse
>linked to. (Thank you, Jesse.) If you are installing a Python 2 package,
>make sure to adjust the package slightly from the template: execute
>`python2 setup.py` instead of `python setup.py`, and adjust the package
>name accordingly. For yet more PKGBUILD examples, see some of my own. [1]
>[2] For more authoritative guidelines, see [3].
>
>— Jeremy "Ichimonji10" Audet
>
>[1]
>https://github.com/Ichimonji10/PKGBUILDs/blob/master/python-django-tables2/PKGBUILD
>[2]
>https://github.com/Ichimonji10/PKGBUILDs/blob/master/python2-django-tables2/PKGBUILD
>[3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_Package_Guidelines

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
get my public PGP key: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 43DDC193
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stormdragon2976
"I am your soul insane"
Slayer - Gemini