[aur-general] python packages as depends and easy_install

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:27:01 EDT 2014

Hi,
I remember now why I was told to use git://. If I try the other way with https:// it wants a user name and password. I guess people who are behind a firewall that restricts git:// could edit the PKGBUILD so long as they have a github account?
Thanks
Storm
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:18:57PM +0200, Johannes Löthberg wrote:
>On 23/06, Storm Dragon wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I used to use https for all my git packages. Then, someone told me I
>>should use git:// lol. I searched for the email with that in it, but
>>there are thousands of them and I couldn't find it. Anyway, Just to
>>make absolutely sure, github offers https:i// or git://. So, any
>>time there is a git package made from a project hosted at github use
>>https:// in the source url, no exceptions? This means I have some
>>packages to update. I made the other changes to p-git, but I wait to
>>upload it til I get the reply to this.
>>Thanks for all the help.
>>Storm
>
>You don't need to update them right away, but it's generally
>preferable. The git protocol runs over a port that is commonly closed
>in firewalls, while https is pretty much exclusively open everywhere.
>
>--
>Sincerely,
> Johannes Löthberg
> PGP Key ID: 3A9D0BB5

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
get my public PGP key: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 43DDC193
How many Internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a lightbulb? http://goo.gl/eO4PJ
"I dole out justice with the tip of my boot. It's got a logic that you just can't refute."
Moxy Fruvous - Kick in the Ass