[aur-general] Package works before the compression, not after

Attila Bukor r1pp3rj4ck at w4it.eu
Mon Mar 3 18:17:40 EST 2014

On 03/03/2014 10:35 PM, Nowaker wrote:
>> I've submitted this package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gush/
>
> I'd love to test it out and diff the two files, but I am not able to
> build this package with yaourt. You are probably missing some
> makedepends that prevent me from building.
>
> ==> Starting build()...
> PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Phar' not found in
> /usr/share/webapps/bin/composer.phar on line 13
> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

Hey,

Thanks for trying to help. You need to include phar.so in your php.ini
for this. I don't think it's possible to mark this as a dependency - at
least I have no idea how.

Now that you mentioned diffing, I realized that I forgot to write that I
tried it and diff said binary files /path1/gush.phar and /path/gush.phar
differ. As I wanted to include this in my reply, I double checked it and
to my surprise now it indicated they don't!

So I started to investigate... Tried running both. The installed version
didn't run, the non-installed one did. Tried diffing again, they
differed. I figured the first run must alter it some way - no idea why -
so I run chmod 777 on it - and it worked!

Well, as I couldn't just leave it that way, I decided to try something
else and run ./gush.phar --version at the end of build(). It worked, so
now it's finally fixed. That shouldn't be too annoying, fixes the issue
and is only a minor black magic. I think I'll blog about this weird
issue and fix...

Now it's online and it works! In case you wonder what's happening, just
remove lines 28 and 29 and the issue will come back.

Thanks for your help again!

Cheers,
Attila