[aur-general] Package works before the compression, not after
wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 17:55:58 EST 2014
On 3 March 2014 23:17, Attila Bukor <r1pp3rj4ck at w4it.eu> wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 10:35 PM, Nowaker wrote:
>>> I've submitted this package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gush/
>> I'd love to test it out and diff the two files, but I am not able to
>> build this package with yaourt. You are probably missing some
>> makedepends that prevent me from building.
>> ==> Starting build()...
>> PHP Fatal error: Class 'Phar' not found in
>> /usr/share/webapps/bin/composer.phar on line 13
>> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
> Thanks for trying to help. You need to include phar.so in your php.ini for
> this. I don't think it's possible to mark this as a dependency - at least I
> have no idea how.
> Now that you mentioned diffing, I realized that I forgot to write that I
> tried it and diff said binary files /path1/gush.phar and /path/gush.phar
> differ. As I wanted to include this in my reply, I double checked it and
> to my surprise now it indicated they don't!
> So I started to investigate... Tried running both. The installed version
> didn't run, the non-installed one did. Tried diffing again, they differed. I
> figured the first run must alter it some way - no idea why - so I run chmod
> 777 on it - and it worked!
> Well, as I couldn't just leave it that way, I decided to try something
> else and run ./gush.phar --version at the end of build(). It worked, so now
> it's finally fixed. That shouldn't be too annoying, fixes the issue and is
> only a minor black magic. I think I'll blog about this weird issue and
> Now it's online and it works! In case you wonder what's happening, just
> remove lines 28 and 29 and the issue will come back.
> Thanks for your help again!
Don't use "patch -p0 ../../blah.patch", use 'patch -p0
"$srcdir/blah.patch", or "patch -p0 ../blah.patch". The point I'm
trying to make, is that you should never try to break out of
If this package relies on a non-standard php.ini, bundle in a basic
php.ini with the changes necessary, and use php's -c flag to use it
instead of the system php.ini (dunno if this is possible with composer
or php-box -- never used them).
You should also enclose all instances of $srcdir and $pkgdir in
double-quotes, in case they have a space in their path.
More information about the aur-general