[aur-general] Move vagrant and ceph to [community]?

Ido Rosen ido at kernel.org
Wed Mar 5 11:29:20 EST 2014

Massimiliano Torromeo and/or Jonathan Steel: Just following up to your

Note that for vagrant, you really should use vagrant-installers,
rather than using gems/bundler directly for it, if you're going to
create a package.  Maybe the right way is to add support to
vagrant-installers for PKGBUILDs.

For ceph, it's a pretty typical conf/make/install.  A lot of
customization/flexibility should be left for the user in the ceph
case, and adding a wiki page would be a good idea as well.

Ceph stable releases are approx. every 3 months, so it is predictable
and relatively low-maintenance, whereas Vagrant has more bursty
releases.  If you take ceph, you will probably find it useful to adopt
ceph-git in AUR as well.

Cheers,
Ido