[aur-general] Upgrading a beta package?

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:58:39 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Evert Van Petegem
<evert.van.petegem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently maintain the netbeans-beta package in the AUR. I was wondering,
> since netbeans was updated to 8.0 today (not yet in the official
> repositories), whether I should leave it at the latest development release
> (rc1) or upgrade to stable. Of course if/when 9.0 beta is released I will
> upgrade to that, but I don't know what the package should be in the
> meanwhile. Are there any official guidelines about this? (I wasn't able to
> find them on the wiki.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evert Van Petegem

What are you trying to give to your users?
Are you intending to provide a "currently beta if there is one"
package or are you intending to provide a "forever beta" package?

In the latter case I, personally, would think twice if I really wanted
to use the package.

cheers!
mar77i