[aur-general] Package naming where sources are not official

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 27 08:13:26 EDT 2014

On 27-03-14 10:24, David Phillips wrote:
> Hi all, I adopted https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/trayfreq/ a while
> ago to nurture it back into health after seeing that it was trying to
> use outdated files in /proc/ amongst other fatal bugs. The owners
> haven't updated their sourceforge in a while (five years), so decided
> to have a hack at rewriting it myself to work with modern
> installations. That's enough background, it's mostly working now, but
> the PKGBUILD is pointing to my source code.
>
> Question: Should I have the aur package renamed to account for the
> fact it's not using the 'true', 'official' sources even though those
> haven't worked for years?
>
> Cheers for your opinions.

David, it does sound like you forked trayfreq .
If that's correct, you should give your project another name and then
the aur package would ofcourse also need to change.

There may be an alternative however :
contact dzs6w3 &  starfall87 ,the people that created trayfreq, and team
up with them ?

You can contact them through their sourceforge profile pages :
http://sourceforge.net/u/dzs6w3/profile/
http://sourceforge.net/u/starfall87/profile/

Lone_Wolf