[aur-general] Notify by e-mail when PKGBUILD updated by maintainer?

Amish ammdispose-arch at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 10:11:25 EDT 2014

Hello,

I went to through this AUR wiki page but did not get the answer.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR

Is there a way to get notified when "Maintainer" updates new PKGBUILD?

We already have way to notify for new comments on AUR package. So
possibly it would be easy to extend that without much coding and send
notification when new PKGBUILD is uploaded.

New Comment => send e-mail to those who subscribed for comments

New Update => send e-mail to those who voted AND subscribed for comments
(or we can have a link called "Notify of new update")

In my opinion getting notified for Update is more important than getting
notified for comments.

I see similar discussion on Google around 2012, but I really am
surprised that not many have asked for this feature which I thought
should be a basic need. :)

PS:
I am not looking for solution like pkgbuild-watch. I am looking for
option on AUR itself.

Thanks,

Amish.