[aur-general] Notify by e-mail when PKGBUILD updated by maintainer?

Amish ammdispose-arch at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 01:20:36 EDT 2014

On 05/08/2014 02:21 AM, Marcel Korpel wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Doug Newgard <scimmia at archlinux.info> wrote:
>> I believe cryptocrack has said that the entire notification system needs an
>> overhaul, and things like this won't get implemented until that happens.

> Indeed: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31851

I added one line in package update Guidelines for Maintainer.

Here is the link:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Maintaining_packages

Here is the line added:

"After submitting the update, leave a comment on AUR page of the package
so users following the package get notified."

Hopefully that can be a temporary workaround.

Amish