[aur-general] Notify by e-mail when PKGBUILD updated by maintainer?

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Thu May 8 10:10:30 EDT 2014

On 2014-05-08 10:50 +0530
Amish wrote:

>On 05/08/2014 02:21 AM, Marcel Korpel wrote:
>> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Doug Newgard <scimmia at archlinux.info> wrote:
>>> I believe cryptocrack has said that the entire notification system needs an
>>> overhaul, and things like this won't get implemented until that happens.
>

>> Indeed: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31851
>

>I added one line in package update Guidelines for Maintainer.
>
>Here is the link:
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Maintaining_packages
>

>Here is the line added:
>
>"After submitting the update, leave a comment on AUR page of the package
>so users following the package get notified."
>

>Hopefully that can be a temporary workaround.
>
>Amish

Please remove that. Commenting every single update will clutter up the comments
page and make it harder to follow discussions.

If you want to track AUR updates in the absence of a built-in notification
system, write a script or use one of the existing AUR trackers or helpers. I
generally only care about updates to packages that I use, so paconky[1] is good
enough for me. To give another example, I have attached a very simple script
that accepts a list of package names and prints out their last modification
times in a sorted list. It depends on python3-aur.

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=68104