[aur-general] Notify by e-mail when PKGBUILD updated by maintainer?

Amish ammdispose-arch at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 10:36:15 EDT 2014

On 05/08/2014 07:40 PM, Xyne wrote:
> On 2014-05-08 10:50 +0530
> Amish wrote:
>>
>> I added one line in package update Guidelines for Maintainer.
>>
>> Here is the link:
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Maintaining_packages
>>

>> Here is the line added:
>>
>> "After submitting the update, leave a comment on AUR page of the package
>> so users following the package get notified."
>>

> Please remove that. Commenting every single update will clutter up the comments
> page and make it harder to follow discussions.

I am ok with removing it. But I would like if more people give opinion.

Because:

1) Its just a guideline, not every maintainer will follow it.

2) Maintainer can add one more point in guideline: to "delete" his older
update comment when new update is uploaded.

3) I think commenting about update will involve more people and bring
awareness that the AUR package is active and not orphaned.

Please think over point 2, If maintainer follows guideline and posts
update comment, he will also delete older update comment.

If maintainer does not follow guideline, no need to delete anything either!

Both ways, comment system will remain clean.

Regards,

Amish