[aur-general] Notify by e-mail when PKGBUILD updated by maintainer?

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:20:14 EDT 2014

On 8 May 2014 17:09, Nowaker <enwukaer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3) I think commenting about update will involve more people and bring
>> awareness that the AUR package is active and not orphaned.
>

> This is true, but should not be implemented like that. That's good it has
> been reverted.
>
> AUR could keep track of the updates, e.g. have a new field named "Updates"
> that would list all versions and their release dates. It could be expandable
> with a single click, so it doesn't clutter the interface.

This seems like a pointless feature to me. As a user I'm only
interested in two things: 1) what version have I got installed now,
and 2) what version is available on the AUR now. Perhaps I am in a
minority here though.

A function that sends a notification to subscribers when a new
src.tar.gz is uploaded seems like the best way of fulfilling the
original request. Though perhaps a new option to "subscribe to update
notifications" would be preferable to sending them to people who just
want to be informed when a package is removed/merged.

Cheers,

WorMzy