[aur-general] Removing godep-git (no)

Johannes Dewender arch at JonnyJD.net
Fri May 23 05:13:52 EDT 2014

Am 23.05.2014 06:46, schrieb Sauyon Lee:
> I recently uploaded a sadly very broken PKGBUILD to the AUR and named it
> godep-git.
>
> However, after reading the packaging guidelines, I've decided that it
> really should be just "godep," as the project has no releases, so I'm going
> to be uploading a working PKGBUILD under that name in a (hopefully) short
> amount of time.

Your package seems to have been deleted already, but I disagree:

If your PKGBUILD always builds the current git version (using git) then
it should be named godep-git. If they start making releases another
package "godep" can be created (without using git).

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/go/godep/PKGBUILD
*is* a git package.

You should at least force a specific git hash or tag to make it a stable
package.

--
JonnyJD