[aur-general] Regex on search page

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:03:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 11:47:39 +1300
David Phillips <dbphillipsnz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I started wondering today about whether or not we could benefit from
> having the option of searching for AUR packages using regular
> expressions on the search page. For example, today I wanted to list
> all ruby gems on the AUR, so I thought searching `ruby-` would be
> enough, but it's got a bunch of other packages like `chruby-git` in
> there too. If we could even just use basic regex techniques like start
> of line and end of line, it'd be a big help.
>
> What do you all think?

+1

If I search for something provided by the AUR, at the moment I use
startpage or seldom google ;).

They have their weak points too, but they seemingly remember others who
searched for the same. "The same" seems not to be just a keyword, but
the resume of searches with different keywords, there seems to be some
kind of AI and ignorance of data protection behind the search
algorithms.