[aur-general] Regex on search page

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 00:09:39 UTC 2014

On 04/11/14 06:38 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:25:10 +1300
> David Phillips <dbphillipsnz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I don't understand why some people are against such helpers.
>>
>> Without veering too far off this thread's topic, there's a large
>> number of discussions on the web which cover this.
>
> So assumed there would be a helper that provides the kind of search you
> need, you won't use it, as a matter of principle and because there are
> freakish discussions about helpers?

Is opposition to AUR helpers really so hard to believe? A few years ago,
there were a lot of people posting comments about "the build system
being broken" when they were actually experiencing bugs in yaourt.

More on topic: if this gets implemented, I will again ask for typeahead
suggestions to be removed as they would not be very good at predicting
all the regex searches that can be tried.