[aur-general] Regex on search page

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 5 00:54:30 UTC 2014

OT:

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 19:09:39 -0500
Connor Behan <connor.behan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is opposition to AUR helpers really so hard to believe? A few years
> ago, there were a lot of people posting comments about "the build
> system being broken" when they were actually experiencing bugs in
> yaourt.

When ever yaourt failed to build for me, makepkg failed too, e.g.
regarding to a tmp issue. The only drawback I'm aware of is that yaourt
doesn't automatically informs you about "upgrades" of e.g. git
packages, likely it's not a drawback, but an advantage.
Run
pacman -Q | grep git
and decide on your own, if you want to upgrade one of those packages or
svn or ...

Not OT:

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 16:05:48 -0800
"Ian D. Scott" <ian at perebruin.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 12:38:24AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Assumed somebody can recommend a good helper to search the AUR, I'm
> > willing to test it.
>
> I don't know if any AUR helpers support this, but you can just get a
> list of all AUR packages with this command and then pipe to grep to
> match by regex.
>
> curl http://cryptocrack.de/files/aurpkglist.txt.gz | zcat | awk
> 'NR>1{gsub("%2B","+");print $1}'

Thank you, that might help David too. His feature request anyway is a
good idea.